Author Topic: Re: What are you Playing?  (Read 98965 times)

Offline Kurai_Kaze

• Soul Reaper
  • Depsey! Donovan!
    • My Beer Blog
Re: What are you Playing?
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »
Was going through Wind Waker, but I've been distracted. Got DOA4, Chrome Hounds, and Dead Rising. Good stuff. I need to find my PS2 memory card so I can finish Dragon Quest VIII.

Offline darak

• Quincy
  • For Aegis!
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »
I think i'm gonna take up some resident evil 4 again today >.> otherwise its gaia online, sim city mobile, trace memories (actually gotta send it back :()...and i'm waiting for that eventfull day when i can play FF11 and WoW *stary-twinkling eyes*
"there's nothing to gain by staying with normal people"-Harry, outlaw star
"you kill me so much"-puu chuu, excel saga

Offline Kurai_Kaze

• Soul Reaper
  • Depsey! Donovan!
    • My Beer Blog
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:21 PM »
Stick with WoW. XI's a cool game and all, but it's mostly just eye candy. The gameplay is slow and there's almost no one who plays it anymore. Since so much of the game requires a full group in order to survive, that means you're stuck in a really bad position. When the game first came out, you'd often have to wait forty minutes just to convince another player to join you. It can only have gotten worse by now.

Offline Radikal

• Quincy
  • GOTOH!
    • Home of the 1337 ;)
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »
I am currently playing....

WoW
CoD2
Rise of Legends
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne & DoTA
HL2: DoD
Dawn of War & expansion *very excited for new expansion*
Prey *motion sickness, lol*
Oblivion *again*
Dead Rising *Katana + Nectar + Me at 6 a.m. = all the psycho's are afraid of this zombie slaying fool!*
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars *My favorite RPG of all time. To all you haters, eat a mushroom*
Street Fighter 2: Turbo *TIIIIGEEEERRRRRRRRR-Uppercut*

Training to beat 'em all!

Offline Sir_Blood

• Gifted Human
    • AnimeNebraskon Convention site
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »
Depends on your job... I have never had to wait over 5-10 minutes for a group in Final Fantasy.

WoW 'is' a faster paced game, you can be cap leveled in 3 weeks or less if you put your mind to it, IMO you don't get the same sense of satisfaction from the game.  Most everything can be done solo, although the game supports party play.

If you enjoy a game that will take you a good 6 months or more your first time through to get to cap level, that has thousands of story building quests built in, maybe you would like Final Fantasy.  You can even breed and raise Chocobo's.  There's 18 different jobs to choose from, in case you get bored with 1.  You don't need a dozen characters to play all the jobs, 1 character is all you 'need' for that.  There's 4 jobs that can solo if you're not the 'group' type.
Previous Anime Club President, Otaku Jinrui: The UNL Anime Club.

http://www.animenebraskon.com/

Current Personal Anime Collection is > 1000 titles

my  page:  http://www.myspace.com/sirblood

Offline Kurai_Kaze

• Soul Reaper
  • Depsey! Donovan!
    • My Beer Blog
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2006, 08:29:06 PM »
I like the idea of playing multiple jobs on one character when faced with the fact that you have to pay for additional characters, but I actually prefer being able to have more than one character. I'm what people would call an alt sleeper. I create multiple characters of different races with different jobs. Why? Coupl'a reasons. First: I roleplay. Constantly. It's the only reason I play MMOs. One character is nice, but having a change of pace when I don't feel like playing that persona is nicer. two: When you start in a different area you get to see different parts of the world early on.
Also, I can understand why some people like the slower level progression, but I'm a student and have a job (and will soon have two jobs). I don't have time for a six month level progression. I want to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere in my games.
I like XI's story quests, but I've been thoroughly nonplussed by the rest of their quest system. Wow's quest system is awesome, as it provides a realistic alternative to simply grinding enemies. I don't think I realized how boring grinding enemies was until I no longer had to do it! Plus, you can easily get all of your equipment from the questing and still have good equipment.

Terri

« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »
GGXXS still

I assume people mean FFXI and not KoFXI when they say XI which is lame.  Play more KoF people.

I will be playing MB:AC when it gets here

Street Fighter 3...still

Offline Kurai_Kaze

• Soul Reaper
  • Depsey! Donovan!
    • My Beer Blog
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2006, 09:49:43 AM »
Yep. Earlier in the conversation we turned to FFXI vs WoW. Just to further shorten an already shortened acronym in the context of the conversation, we (and by we I mean I) opted to call it XI. Outside of the conversation, it's out of no where, but if you read it it really makes a lot of sense. Also, I enjoy splicing things with commas. I should become a geneticist.

Offline DTJB

• Quincy
  • Come Get Yours Mario!
    • Sprite Alteration
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »
Play more KoF people.

Indeed.

Picked up Breath of Fire for the SNES when I was in Iowa City last week.  Tryed it out and it looks pretty good so far.  I'll give it some proper attention sometime later.
I'm...I'm not a Music Idol School Girl anymore?  (sniff) :'(
Someone force me to make some art.  NOW!!!

Offline darak

• Quincy
  • For Aegis!
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »
GGXXS still

I assume people mean FFXI and not KoFXI when they say XI which is lame.  Play more KoF people.

I will be playing MB:AC when it gets here

Street Fighter 3...still

x.x ok once i decypher that (as in whats KoF? and MB:AC)....x.x most acronyms i get...but my brain just died x.x i felt it die...which means its time for sleep (i intended to keep rambling about acronyms...but my brain DID die x.x)....night
"there's nothing to gain by staying with normal people"-Harry, outlaw star
"you kill me so much"-puu chuu, excel saga

Offline Ikisaru

• Quincy
    • My Facebook
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »
I know KoF is "King of Fighters",  but I'm not sure what the other one is, and I know I'll feel like an idiot when I find out.

Terri

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2006, 01:28:49 AM »
MB:AC is Melty Blood:Act Cadenza a silly doujin fighter that's actually got some attention in WHOAMG JAPAN(I'm sure that will appeal to some of you) and is something I decided to order after I ordered KoFXI.

Offline Ky_CloudFFX

• Gifted Human
  • Blood Type Zero
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
Currently playing Dirge of Cerberus and am anxiously awaiting Enchanted Arms.  Finally an RPG worth playing on the 360.

Offline Ikisaru

• Quincy
    • My Facebook
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2006, 06:13:42 AM »
How is Dirge of Cerberus?  I saw that it hasn't been getting very good reviews, but it's Square, so I'm sure I'll like it anyway, just wanted to get the input from someone who has played it.

Offline Ky_CloudFFX

• Gifted Human
  • Blood Type Zero
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2006, 07:34:32 AM »
While one would expect a third person shooter from Square to be horrible its really not as bad as you would think. The controls are simple and being able to build experience and customize weapons makes things more interesting. Seeing familiar characters is something to look forward to and with the additions they made strictly for the US such as a double jump, better camera angle, and the ablity to choose when to use a limit break, this game rocks. Overall the game is fun and at times can be addicting so I recommend it for sure ;)