Author Topic: Forum Rankings & Titles  (Read 17592 times)

Offline KORfan

• Visored {Forum Ninja}
  • Soul Reaper
Re: Forum Rankings & Titles
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »
Shinji
Girly Man
High School Man
Real Man
Manly Man

Brute Squad
Adonis

:D

okay...I'll try to work on something better.

Offline Akari Hoshi

• Soul Reaper
  • Have *you* ever licked a lampost in winter?
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2006, 08:42:24 PM »
Zenigata
Fujiko
Gigen
Goemon
Lupin III

Interpol Officer
Count Cagliostro

Because who doesn't love Lupin III??

Offline Lucky

• Quincy
  • Professional Amatuer
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »
Wow, that is so weird Akari-kun.  Before you posted that I thought of a Lupin-inspired forum ranking theme myself.  Although mine was more along the lines of different investigation agencies like FBI, Interpol, etc.

But thinking of you I got a great idea for a new forum ranking system.  It's theme is a budding relationship between two students at an all boy's school.
First the freshman year and there are two students who start as...
Classmates.
They meet each other at Kendo club and become
Yuujin (buddies, pals)
Then when one of them wants help with his English assignments they meet at the library and become
Tomodachi (good friends)
One night after studying one decided to walk home with the other to borrow some manga and this turns into a
Shounen-ai story.
But just before graduation day their relationship becomes more serious, typical of your classic
Yaoi.

And the two admin rankings are
Sensei
Ai-Mangaka

"Arguments from authority are unacceptable." — Carl Sagan

"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods."
— Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love

Offline Ribi-chan

• Quincy
  • THEY'VE GOT KETTIIIIIIIEZ
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2006, 01:51:19 AM »
Lucky, I really like that one, with the exception that it's yaoi incorporated. XP I will...think...of something...mmmyes.... >.<;;

And as along as your posts are thoughtful, intellegent, contribute to the conversation, and humorous WITHOUT going over the top it makes no difference to me whether you sound like a guy or girl. ^^;
MY DS HAS BEEN FOUND. THANK YOU SO MUCH, ANIMEIOWA!!

Offline DTJB

• Quincy
  • Come Get Yours Mario!
    • Sprite Alteration
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »
Heh, this is cool and all, but my inner manly man desires something with more testosterone.  And Lucky, personally, I don't think your current idea really helps the image of most of us.  I'm not saying it's horrible or anything, it's just, leaves me feeling all "ugh".
I'm...I'm not a Music Idol School Girl anymore?  (sniff) :'(
Someone force me to make some art.  NOW!!!

Offline Akari Hoshi

• Soul Reaper
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2006, 06:57:41 PM »
Oh for Pete's sake!

If men weren't so uptight about their sexuality, we wouldn't have HALF the problems we have now.

Just because your forum rank says TEH GAY!!! doesn't mean you ARE teh gay.

*sigh*

Lucky, I think your rankings are brilliant.

Offline HuskerMoon

• Soul Reaper
  • The Earth is safe tonight.
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2006, 07:48:12 PM »
I don't have a problem with being a magical school girl!

Maybe being a Sailor Moon freak has something to do with that and some of my idols such as Usagi are female.

So make me a giant giant mech female.  Even though I could live without the robot.
It's me HuskerMoon!  Still  "The 'Good' kind of Jerk."
and going strong!

^__________________^

Offline Drunken Ninja

• Soul Reaper
  • Ninja VANISH! OW OW OW!!
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2006, 01:56:40 AM »
Oh for Pete's sake!

If men weren't so uptight about their sexuality, we wouldn't have HALF the problems we have now.

*sigh*

:P i dont care i like being a boy lol

Offline Kurai_Kaze

• Soul Reaper
  • Depsey! Donovan!
    • My Beer Blog
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2006, 06:01:59 AM »
Oh for Pete's sake!

*sigh*

Kari, I largely gather that he was being sarcastic. Have a beer sweety. I think you may need one.

Offline Lucky

• Quincy
  • Professional Amatuer
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2006, 06:46:50 AM »
Kari, I largely gather that he was being sarcastic. Have a beer sweety. I think you may need one.

If you're talking about me, no I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest, not about my Yaoi forum ranking idea nor about my occasional girly personality when posting.  And thanks Akari for your support of my idea[/not being sarcastic]

"Arguments from authority are unacceptable." — Carl Sagan

"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods."
— Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love

Offline DTJB

• Quincy
  • Come Get Yours Mario!
    • Sprite Alteration
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2006, 03:53:03 AM »

Kari, I largely gather that he was being sarcastic.

I was, a bit. In all honesty, I just think that Lucky's suggestion was just a little TOO way out there, and I generally like it out there. In the event that his idea does get accepted, I will more than likely get over it and accept it. I've accepted the fact that I am now a pop idol diva, and I hope my fans will look forward to the next time I do karaoke at the con. ;D My reaction was mostly based on a mental image of a mass male make out session at the con (don't get any ideas now). If I sounded up tight about my sexuality, it was really meant as a comical reaction. I always joke about it, but I am a very understanding and accepting person all around, because people like Rob Halford are awesome in so many ways. :) I hope I've cleared things up for you so don't let my opinions get in the way.

Now where's the mic?  The backup dancers and myself need to be on stage in three minutes. ;D
I'm...I'm not a Music Idol School Girl anymore?  (sniff) :'(
Someone force me to make some art.  NOW!!!

Offline Sarah_Chan16

• Quincy
  • The artist got distracted by something shiney..0.0
    • Cosplay.Com!!!
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:20 AM »
ranks?

Offline Tongo_Jeff

• Court Guard Commander {Administrator}
  • Soul Reaper
  • Hospitality Leader / Enviro Engineer / Forum Admin
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »
Howdy, Sarah_Chan16!  Like on many Internet forums, the AnimeIowa Forum increases your "rank" as you make more posts.  This rank is listed right below your username, and you can see that right now you're a "Magic School Girl". :)  If you look at the ranks of the people who posted before you, they have different ranks, which essentially tell you how active they are on our Forums.

One of the silly things we like to do here on the AnimeIowa Forums is to change our ranking systems occasionally to keep things interesting.  If you click HERE, you can see that our ranking system right now is "Akari Hoshi's Japanese School Girl Theme", and that new people on the Forum are "School Girls" and people with LOTS of posts are "Transdimensional School Girls".  Before that, we've used historical Samurai ranks, Japanese foods, and some other wierd stuff. ::)

I hope I've answered your question!  If not, please let us know and we'll try again.  Thanks!  Incidentally, this reminds me...
COSPLAYS FOR ANIMEIOWA 2015:
Friday - ?? {0%}
Saturday - Shigure Sohma (Fruits Basket) {100%}

Offline Tongo_Jeff

• Court Guard Commander {Administrator}
  • Soul Reaper
  • Hospitality Leader / Enviro Engineer / Forum Admin
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »
I'm feeling the urge for a new Forum ranking system! ;D  As cute as we all look in our short little Japanese school girl skirts (especially Thundergug! ::)), it's time for us to select a "manly" ranking theme!  Therefore, I'd like to formally issue the...

AI Forum Manly-Man Ranking Theme Challenge!

To follow up Akari Hoshi's notorious "Japanese School Girl Theme", I need your help in scheming up appropriately macho ranks to celebrate all that's masculine in the world of anime and manga.  Got a manliness progression from the prettiest bishi to the most violent enforcer?  That could work!  Want to prioritize anime types from angsty teens up to super-suave secret agents?  Anything goes, as long as it's an obvious measure of studliness and it keeps within our PG-13 guidelines.

Remember that we need SEVEN titles (5 forum ranks plus 2 IDs for our Moderators and Administrators) in your theme.  So think burly thoughts and post your ranking ideas here!  Don't be afraid to build on other members' ideas, since our final ranking system may turn out to be hybrid of the best suggestions.  And ladies, don't be shy!  You know what hawt hunky characters get your mojo working!  (Guys, maybe we can learn something here! ;))  So everyone get thinking.  Only time will tell what manly theme will win, but one thing that I DO know is that, yeah, it'll be cool...  8)

(My apologies in advance to our Forum members of the female persuasion, but turn-about IS fair play!)
~Jeff
COSPLAYS FOR ANIMEIOWA 2015:
Friday - ?? {0%}
Saturday - Shigure Sohma (Fruits Basket) {100%}

Offline Akari Hoshi

• Soul Reaper
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
Please see my Lupin III entry.