Author Topic: Forum Rankings & Titles  (Read 17500 times)

Offline homsikpanda

• Soul Reaper
  • Return my TopHat at once!
Re: Forum Rankings & Titles
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2011, 06:15:11 AM »
Military theme inspired by Fullmetal Alchemist?

1. Citizen
2. General
3. Alchemist
4. Colonel
5. Füher

Mod: Father
Ninja: Homunculi
Admin: Truth

Forum obsession?

0. Invisible!
1. newb
2. UN-Newb
3. Networking is Fun!
4. OMG NEW MESSAGE!
5. F5 Abuser

Mod: The Editor
Ninja: The Assassin
Admin: The Creator

That's all I got for now  :P  Expect more!  XD

@Superminion: *after just now seeing your post* H'okay!

1. Goomba (Mario Bros., the underlings of underlings)
2. Gary Oak (Pokémon, #1 most known Rival character figure)
3. Nobunaga Oda (Historical Japanese figure, generally portrayed as a villian)
4. The Joker (DC Comics, villian to Batman, one of the most beloved villains of the series)
5. Sousuke Aizen (Bleach, villian who JUST WOULDN'T DIE)

Mod: Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics [I assume], servant of Galactus.)
Ninja: Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasty III/VI, killed an entire town by poisoning their water. Now THAT'S ninja.)
Admin: Galactus (Marvel Comics, possesses power beyond most forms of measurement.)

... Of course, the Mod and Admin positions are given if I learned anything about comics from my step-father.  XD  Joker because many otaku love him, and you're pretty much guaranteed to see at least ONE at AnimeIowa every year.

the silver surfer wasn't really a "bad guy" though =/ he was more of like an "unwilling pawn" of galactus who is good but becomes even MORE good, his rule of "no sentient planets" shows this...

kinda like ghost rider and mephisto, except ghost rider is an anti-hero, as opose to a hero, he does good things...just in a revengeful/bad way XD
and oda was awesome! =D, he just happened to be the guy with the biggest army at the time so everybody wanted to beat him up >=|, he was actually the mentor of tokagawa, and oda set the ground work for the unification of japan, later to be finished by hidioshi and tokagawa
(")(^,...,^)(")

Offline Bad Turkey!!

• Soul Reaper
  • *le nom*
    • Deviantart
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »
^ Even if he was just the servant and bore no alliance, he still worked under someone who was on the side of evil, which is fitting for a mod, since mods do not share identical feelings and ideals as admins, but they still serve under them.

As for Oda, you're partially wrong. It's not that Oda had the largest army. In fact, Oda had actually started with the smallest army during his first major conquest against Yoshimoto Imagawa, with being outnumbered at least 3 men to his 1. It was also around this time that Ieyasu Tokugawa joined Nobunaga's side. Ieyasu had originally been on the same side as Imagawa, but left once his "debt was paid." No, everyone was NOT ganging up on Oda. Oda was attacking them, and with his ruthless strategy, rarely suffered a loss. His only major loss was the battle of Tedorigawa against the Uesugi. Oda did not set the groundwork for unification. I say this because while it's true he was close to uniting the land, his ruthless methods had easily created people who disapproved of him. After his murder at Honnouji, Kyouto by his own retainer Mitsuhide Akechi, it was Hideyoshi Toyotomi who stepped up and began to set the unification of Japan under a rule that wasn't consisting of pure despotism. Because of this, after the conquest of Odawara, Hideyoshi was able to unite the land in peace. Which was not to last when he died of disease. It was then between his retainer Mitsunari Ishida and Ieyasu Tokugawa. Ieyasu had successfully defeated Ishida at the Battle of Sekigahara, before later crushing the remainder of the Toyotomi clan at the Battle of Ousaka Castle. Tokugawa declared himself shougun, united the land, banned Christianity in Japan, and finally, ushered in a new era of peace and prosperity that we all know as the Edo period of Japan.

... I know a lot about the Sengoku era of Japan. Soooo... Yeah. Hope you didn't mind me sharing my knowledge :) I know what I was saying. Nobunaga is only PORTRAYED as a villian. Not an actual villian.

Aaaaaaand while I was playing Civilization Revolution, I got bored between turns and made a another ranking theme.

AnimeIowa theme!

1. Con-goer
2. Rave Dancer
3. Karaoke Singer
4. Masquarade Champion
5. Buu-Chan

Mod: The Bridge
Ninja: LoDN
Admin: Marriott
"The best medicines always taste bitter."
--Orochimaru

AnimeIowa '12 Cosplays:

- Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
- Roderich "Austria" Edelstein (Hetalia)
- Cheren (Pokémon Black/White)

Offline homsikpanda

• Soul Reaper
  • Return my TopHat at once!
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2011, 07:10:13 AM »
^ Even if he was just the servant and bore no alliance, he still worked under someone who was on the side of evil, which is fitting for a mod, since mods do not share identical feelings and ideals as admins, but they still serve under them.

As for Oda, you're partially wrong. It's not that Oda had the largest army. In fact, Oda had actually started with the smallest army during his first major conquest against Yoshimoto Imagawa, with being outnumbered at least 3 men to his 1. It was also around this time that Ieyasu Tokugawa joined Nobunaga's side. Ieyasu had originally been on the same side as Imagawa, but left once his "debt was paid." No, everyone was NOT ganging up on Oda. Oda was attacking them, and with his ruthless strategy, rarely suffered a loss. His only major loss was the battle of Tedorigawa against the Uesugi. Oda did not set the groundwork for unification. I say this because while it's true he was close to uniting the land, his ruthless methods had easily created people who disapproved of him. After his murder at Honnouji, Kyouto by his own retainer Mitsuhide Akechi, it was Hideyoshi Toyotomi who stepped up and began to set the unification of Japan under a rule that wasn't consisting of pure despotism. Because of this, after the conquest of Odawara, Hideyoshi was able to unite the land in peace. Which was not to last when he died of disease. It was then between his retainer Mitsunari Ishida and Ieyasu Tokugawa. Ieyasu had successfully defeated Ishida at the Battle of Sekigahara, before later crushing the remainder of the Toyotomi clan at the Battle of Ousaka Castle. Tokugawa declared himself shougun, united the land, banned Christianity in Japan, and finally, ushered in a new era of peace and prosperity that we all know as the Edo period of Japan.

... I know a lot about the Sengoku era of Japan. Soooo... Yeah. Hope you didn't mind me sharing my knowledge :) I know what I was saying. Nobunaga is only PORTRAYED as a villian. Not an actual villian.

Aaaaaaand while I was playing Civilization Revolution, I got bored between turns and made a another ranking theme.

AnimeIowa theme!

1. Con-goer
2. Rave Dancer
3. Karaoke Singer
4. Masquarade Champion
5. Buu-Chan

Mod: The Bridge
Ninja: LoDN
Admin: Marriott
yeah but mods aren't unwilling pawns/slaves =/ they applied for the job and can quit when the like  D: otherwise you're analogy is awesome ^(^.^)^
and no, not at all =D i like the sengoku era aswell and wasn't hideoshi oda's ...apprentance? if i remember, i've been away from history for a while =/, i must convince you to play total war shogun 2!! dddddoooooo eeeeetttt!!!!!!
you know you want to, you get to play as oda, or tokagawa or the ikko ikii (my fav =D )
(")(^,...,^)(")

Offline Wolfkey 13

• Soul Reaper
  • LoDN #67
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »
I like the con themed on. Also I have returned for the time being

Offline Bad Turkey!!

• Soul Reaper
  • *le nom*
    • Deviantart
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2011, 03:07:51 PM »
Random Japanese stuff?

1. Sushi - Small and delicious
2. Geta - Footwear to being your post of a thousand miles (lulwut)
3. Kabuki - A form of theater performed my men and women alike!
4. Lucky Cat - A charm to bring good luck
5. Anime/Manga - Possibly the one of the greatest things Japan has provided to us

Mod: Shrine - Holy locations where peace is bountiful
Ninja: Mt. Fuji - The great mountain standing over Lake Kawaguchi
Admin: Kami-sama - God (... It's capitalized because of grammar, not because I'm talking about God as in Christianity.)
"The best medicines always taste bitter."
--Orochimaru

AnimeIowa '12 Cosplays:

- Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
- Roderich "Austria" Edelstein (Hetalia)
- Cheren (Pokémon Black/White)