Author Topic: Cosplay Weapons.  (Read 93 times)

Offline Auric

• Kamakura Superhero
  • "Deal with it"
Cosplay Weapons.
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
I seemed to have stumbled upon a gnarly knack I have... I am good at making weapons! :D Finally something I'm good at! Not sure the practicality of it, but I'm not about to complain.

So anyway, I am posting this here because I figured I would get yelled at anywhere else. I just wanted to know if anyone is interested, I will make weapons as requested, I would post pictures of my short blade for my Altair costume, but I seemed to have lost it somehow..

Anyway, they are made from mostly plastic, the only metal parts are bolts, screws, and possibly certain mechanism (Like drawer slides) other than that they are pretty much harmless.

I haven't tried making Armor yet, I'll post something as soon as I can make it.

I've been thinking about posting this for a while now but I wasn't sure If I would get into trouble or not, so here goes.*Crosses fingers*

Anyway, pictures will be posted as soon as I rip the house apart to find my short blade, but beyond that, if you are interested(or curious), just send me a PM with a picture of what you want and we can go from there.

On a side note, if I'm not suppose to post something like this, or if it's in the wrong area, please feel free to let me know, Please be gentle.
Altair 5%
OC 5%
?? ??%

Offline Bad Turkey!!

• Soul Reaper
  • *le nom*
    • Deviantart
Re: Cosplay Weapons.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 02:31:08 AM »
I don't think there's a problem with it... The only issue I see would be if you're selling them on Marriott property during the time of the convention. AnimeIowa, last I checked, doesn't allow you to sell things unless you have a spot in the Dealer's Room... You can TRADE for things, but not sell... So, you know, just take a little walk to Perkins or something and sell it there.

Other than that, I don't think there's a problem with getting comissions from people :)  I see most people saying "Would you buy this if it was sold?" to kind of test the waters first...

If anything, if I can get the cash, I might be willing to comission a weapon that Kanji Tatsumi from Persona uses  :)
"The best medicines always taste bitter."
--Orochimaru

AnimeIowa '12 Cosplays:

- Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
- Roderich "Austria" Edelstein (Hetalia)
- Cheren (Pokémon Black/White)

Offline Auric

• Kamakura Superhero
  • "Deal with it"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:35 AM »
Okay, thanks! I was meaning to commission before the con so people could use them this year, I'd even ship! If that's what people wanted.. And find me a picture of Kanji Tatsumi's weapon, and I'll see what I can do. I also have a bunch of original(Some not to much) Weapons that I'd be willing to make on commission too. I'll post pictures once I tackle the scanner... and after Skyrim..
Altair 5%
OC 5%
?? ??%

Offline AppleJack

• Soul Reaper
  • ALL DEM APPLES!!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:03:45 AM »
I would totally submit a commission. Once I see your work.

AnimeIowa 2012

Ice King (Adventure Time)
Doctor (Assassin's Creed)
Apple Jack (My Little Pony)

Offline Kaiiea

• Kamakura Superhero
  • To appreciate Heaven well, first you meet Hell.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »
I'd also possibly be interested after seeing a sample or two.  :)

Offline Auric

• Kamakura Superhero
  • "Deal with it"
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
So, after turning the house upside down, I have failed to find it... Soooo that means I'll just make something new! Give me two suggestions if you want. Or I'll just make the Buster Sword, and Altairs Hidden blade. It will have to wait until Thursday, so I can go buy materials. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Until then, Rock out to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7RVSbhffl0&feature=feedf
Altair 5%
OC 5%
?? ??%

anything